During the government shutdown, the Democrats have been more unified than they have been in a long time. "I mean, one of the things that really bothers Democrats in the Senate is ... when people say, 'Well, it's the Republicans and the Democrats - it's all of you.'". As former Democratic Rep. Tom Perriello of Virginia, now with the Center for American Progress Action puts it: "I think to the extent some Democrats were frustrated early on that he seemed sometimes more interested in working with Republicans than working with Democrats, I think now there's sort of an understanding that this is about people who are willing to step up." He says the Democrats are "Cohesive in that they feel better about themselves, maybe. Cohesive in the sense that anybody is more effective in making government work, no, I don't see any evidence of that."
Source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/10/02/228524790/obamas-shift-in-rhetoric-helping-democrats-stick-together?ft=1&f=1014
No comments:
Post a Comment