Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sex, spies and society scandal in Andrew Lloyd Webber musical

"It's a little bit about the last gasp of the old Britain, whilst the new one was about to come and how the whole business led to the downfall of a government," Lloyd Webber told Reuters at the musical's launch on Monday. "I wanted a story told that would fill the gap between the myth and the man," Rice-Davies, 68, told reporters when asked why she had collaborated with Lloyd Webber on the new show. Directed by Richard Eyre, the music for "Stephen Ward" was composed by Lloyd Webber, who was reunited with lyricist Don Black and playwright Christopher Hampton - the team behind "Sunset Boulevard". "I don't know that there is an archetypal Andrew Lloyd Webber ... I wrote a story about Jesus Christ and I did a musical about cats," he told Reuters.

Source: http://feeds.reuters.com/~r/news/artsculture/~3/n7E5eZsoe5A/entertainment-us-theatre-andrewlloydwebb-idUSBRE98T0Z020131001

No comments:

Post a Comment