Thursday, October 31, 2013

Teachers Share Their Top Safety Concerns

DAVENPORT: I think, for me, as soon as I hear those stories I immediately think of my child who's in the seventh grade, and I wonder about her safety at her school and I think about, you know, what kind of procedures do they have in place? If they have anything in place at all, and think about the atmosphere as far as the culture at the school - meaning, how are the kids able - how are they relating to one another? Is there a lot of bullying going on? Are they more compassionate with one another? And I think that's one of the main reasons why I chose the school that I chose for her. So you think about your daughter, you don't think about yourself? You think about your kids, not yourself first. I think with schools - I think schools, like everything else in the country, are evolving and we as educators must be more cognizant of our surroundings while in and outside of the workplace to make sure that schools are safe. So what's changed in the school environment? You just think that kids are more willing to act out, or what do you think? Or people are less willing to intervene? What do you think has changed now?
Source: NPR
Link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=241842370&ft=1&f=1013

<strong>Swirl</strong>

No comments:

Post a Comment